Sample Resume - Public Relations / Marketing
FIRST M. LAST
111 West 74th Street • New York, New York 10000
212.777.8888 • 111.111.222 mobile • firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Statement: Resourceful leader adept at implementing high-profile, image-based marketing programs within consumer luxury/lifestyle industry, both public/private. Create integrated strategies to develop new/existing customer sales, brand/product evolution and media endorsement. Strong and persuasive interpersonal skills.
Independent Consulting, New York
10/2005 - present
Marketing & brand awareness. American Express Platinum; Nardi-Venezia; and art • architecture • cultural projects.
TIFFANY & CO., New York, NY
9/1997 - 9/2005
Director of Public Relations / Retail Marketing
Lead marketing strategist for 55 retail branch stores and 16 trade doors in the United States, Canada and Latin America (60% of revenue). Reporting to SVP who reports to CEO, develop integrated approach to increase sales results, product awareness and brand image. Key foci include: maximize sales growth and cohesion of the Tiffany Register top-customer tier; develop new and existing core-customer bases; secure targeted media endorsement; devise new store openings and brand integration within local community groups comprising best potential revenue bases; and creation/management of annual business-building sales promotion program (10 themes/76+ locations).
- Generate successful emphasis of core-profit, new collection and authority-position jewelry categories, i.e.:
- Oversee ‘What Makes a Tiffany Diamond’ workshop-selling seminars, demonstrating value with exclusivity.
- Launched new Tiffany Mark timepiece with iconic endorsements including Frank Gehry and George Lucas.
- Invented new ‘Elsa Peretti’ designer promotion, using core collection in all stores, and generated record sales.
- Pioneer “Tiffany-Only” regional lifestyle weekends for Tiffany Register customers, resulting in 37% growth in statement jewelry sales. Conceived first national program resulting in largest selling event ever. Devise compelling “Tiffany-Only” attractions which secure presence of most profitable customers.
- Analyze regular corporate retail sales reports and tailor each local marketing profit-plan with retail leadership.
- Programs increased average store traffic 21% and sales averaging 12%, contributing to unprecedented growth.
- Create 33 integrated and multi-tiered new store opening programs in domestic & international locations.
- Direct and manage 4 internal staff and network of 30 external local-market agencies/consultants.
TAG HEUER S.A., Neuchâtel, Switzerland and Paris, France
1996 - 97
International Public Relations Manager (recruited by CEO)
During peak expansion of watch brand and imminent IPO, managed global brand positioning, communications and media strategy via network of 20+ national PR agencies. Consulted to leadership of worldwide subsidiaries and agents-distributors in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East. Marketing drew 24% of annual budget.
Developed global strategy for 4 new timepiece collection launches and key sports sponsorship exploitation.
Responsible for Kirium watch PR launch--largest in brand history, which generated record sales.
Developed/managed international VIP retailer and media hospitalities focused to increase sales and underscore brand values: Formula 1 Grand Prix, America’s Cup yachting, Ski World Cup and Montreux Jazz Festival.
NIKE COMMUNICATIONS, INC., New York, NY
1994 - 96
Primarily responsible for TAG Heuer account at marketing firm specializing in image-based luxury/lifestyle brands, including Montblanc, Bulgari, Rothschild and Krug. Developed and implemented comprehensive strategies [public relations, advertising, special events, sales promotions and retail relations]. Created agency new-business pitches.
KAREN WEINER ESCALERA ASSOCIATES, New York, NY
Account Executive, 1993 - 94
MULLEN ADVERTISING Hamilton-Wenham, MA
Account Assistant, 1991 - 92
LE MERIDIEN HOTELS-AIR FRANCE Boston, MA
Supervisor of Guest Services, 1988 - 93
UNITED STATES SENATE Senator John Kerry Washington, DC
Manager, Constituent Affairs, 1986 - 87
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, Amherst – B.A. in Political Science
Executive Business Programs: Stanford 2000 - Harvard 2002 - Wharton 2003
Young Friends of Save Venice, Inc., Vice President [a UNESCO organization preserving culture].
The Glasshouse, Director. A global alliance dedicated to entrepreneurial inspiration